Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Decisions... and Spaghetti Squash

So, my mother and I have decided on the Thanksgiving bird from Goffle Road Poultry Farm (see previous post for the debate). I will have to keep working on my sell for the Red Bourbon. I think by next year I can come up with a convincing menu that relies less on the turkey and includes additional sides. Or, I will get some money saved up so that I can by the bird myself. Either way, I'm happy with our decision and I'm just waiting on the size request before placing our order.

After some crazy weeks, I'm back at home and recovered from a nasty cold. I don't have much in my fridge. But I do have a Spaghetti Squash from some weeks back that still looks good. I'm going to give it a try.

Here's what I'm doing:

Spaghetti Squash

What You Need:
- 1 spaghetti squash.
- Large sharp knife
- Baking pan
- Kitchen fork
- Pasta sauce, herbs, butter, or pesto (I'm going to put some butter and tomato sauce on it to try it out, but there are other good ideas like Herbed Spaghetti Squash from the Food Network)

What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Poke holes in the whole squash with a sharp knife.
3. Place whole squash in a baking pan.
4. Bake squash for one hour.
5. Remove from oven and let cook.
6. Cut squash in half.
7. Remove seeds and pulp.
8. Use fork to scrape the edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands (this looks like spaghetti, so they say).
9. Serve with a sauce, butter, pesto, and/or herbs.

I'm going to give this a try tonight! We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment