Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Loving

After my trip to the farmer's market this weekend, I enjoyed the most perfect summer afternoon meal: sliced heirloom tomato (cherokee purple), locally grown bibb lettuce, fresh roll with local goat cheese and quark with herbs (half the roll with one type of cheese, and half the roll with the other-- I couldn't decide between them!). I was introduced to quark for the first time this year at the market from a local dairy-- and it is amazing! See if you can find it at your market and at least do a taste test.  Did I mention that I also had cherries, blueberries, and plums?   

   

Wow.  I love summer.

I can't do a summer loving shout out without praising some okra as well.  Here is it getting chopped up with some onion from the market to go into my stewed okra and tomato recipe (served with rice). 



I hope you are all enjoying summer as much as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment