Here is a recipe from Thanksgiving for an eggplant salad/spread. It is delicious and was prepared by a family friend. One of my mother's friends got the recipe and wrote it down. I'm hoping to see if it turns out as well when I prepare it:
What You Need:
- l large or 2 medium eggplants
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 1 - 2 Tbs olive oil
- Sea salt
What You Do:
1. Fork your eggplants in a couple of places to put some holes in them.
2. Wrap the eggplant(s) in tin foil.
2. Cook eggplants in oven for about one hour. (Anthony says "Cook for one hour on a low flame directly on the "burner" and keep turning to avoid burning-- but I think this can be done in the oven)
3. When it is done (soft) rinse in cold water and scoop out the insides and mix by hand or in a blender and set aside.
4. Take the onion, the cloves of garlic, the vinegar and the olive oil and put in a blender.
5. Blend till smooth.
6. Add the eggplant and salt to taste.
Best served next day.
Still to come... turkey, stuffing, and dessert! Just waiting on some details from my mom!