PB&J Muffins (from Paula Deen)
What You Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter (plus more to stuff the muffins)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup thick jam, such as seedless raspberry
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Compound butter: 1 stick butter, room temperature with 5 tablespoons of your favorite fruit preserve
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pulse in all of the peanut butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk, egg, and butter and pulse until combined.
- Distribute half of the batter equally among the muffin cups.
- Drop a teaspoon of jam into each cup and a teaspoon of peanut butter and cover with the remaining batter.
- Top with the chopped peanuts.
- Bake until the muffins are light golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or allow to cool completely.
- Spread compound butter on top.