Sunday, November 6, 2011

Visit to Larriland Farms

This season has been action packed, and I apologize for the lack of posts here on the blog. Now that Oct. is over (along with its tremendous amount of events and activities), I'm hoping to pick back up with the blog and reflecting on the fall season. I will be sharing some details of wonderful meals and adventures, I promise!

One fantastic fall activity was a visit to Larriland Farms for pick-you-our veggies with Just Saying's Deb and family. While the apples were all picked from the trees (it was a very beautiful-but busy- weekend!), I was able to pick my own swiss chard, broccoli, and cauliflower. I was also able to purchase a half bushel of apples from the barn to share with the Public Health Garden's volunteers and guests at the Harvest Festival on Food Day (Oct 24).
Here are some pictures to capture the day:
Pick your own broccoli field

Pick your own chard and spinach

Yellow cauliflower

Swiss chard

Cutting my own cauliflower-- a seasonal favorite of mine!

A very happy Allison

So many apples!

Dividing up the apples by variety
More posts and catching up to come!  I suggest you get out to your farmers' market to catch the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment