Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Homemade Applesauce

This past weekend was perfect for apple picking. The weather was glorious and sky was clear. I was interested in trying my own applesauce. It was fun and smelled amazing!

I combined two recipes I found online: Sarah's Applesauce and Homemade Applesauce.

Applesauce

What You Need:

- 12 apples - peeled, cored and quartered
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 strips of lemon peel
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar (or more, depending on your sweet tooth)
- up to 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
What You Do:
1. Put all ingredients into a large pot and bring to boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and remove lemon peels.
4. Mash with spoon or potato masher (if you should have one, I do not).
5. Enjoy and share with friends this fall!

I shared this post with Food Renegade's Fight Back Friday. Please check out all the posts there for lots of SOLE, real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment