Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easiest Soup Ever

It was a beautiful day in DC. I went to the farmers' market today and picked up some leeks and potatoes. I made the easiest soup (but still yummy) from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.

I am in the process of re-evaluating my diet and beginning the spring with a fresh start. I'm reducing my consumption of meat and eliminating high fructose corn syrup from my diet. I'll post more about my thoughts on the new changes in the coming weeks. For now, here is the soup recipe:

Potato and Leek Soup

What You Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks
- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste


What You Do
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Wash the leeks very well and slice the whites and the light green parts into thin slices.
3. Heat butter.
4. Saute the leeks and potatoes in butter for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add water and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

Also, I am out of town the next week, but when I get back I am going to start planting seeds for the season. Stay tuned for news on what I'm going to be planting and (hopefully) harvesting in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment