I'm getting very excited for Passover (beginning Monday night this year). My mother and I are going to be taking a very big step this year and making our own Gefilte Fish. This will be the first time that we do not use a frozen loaf.
Our menu is as follows:
- Chopped Liver, Hummus, and Matzah
- 2 varieties of Charoset
- Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls
- Homemade Gefilte Fish
- Spring Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- Veggie Stew with Dumplings
- Oven Braised Barbecued Brisket
Passover this year is going to be a great start for spring. After returning from the holiday, I am looking forward to getting lots of different varieties of seeds going and making plans for some container gardening!