Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kale Soup

A spin of my vegetable soup I posted a couple weeks ago, I have also been making a kale soup which is very good and really easy to make (I even made it one morning before work). I promise I'll take a break from kale recipes after this one, but my roommate just returned from her family's farm with lots and lots of greens.

Kale Soup

What You Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn into pieces
- 3-4 potatoes (depending on size), peeled and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste

What You Do
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and add onion, garlic, and celery.
2. Saute onion, garlic and celery on medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Add kale and stir until kale begins to wilt (about 2 minutes).
4. Add potatoes and vegetable stock.
5. Simmer soup on medium heat for 30 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft).
6. Add salt and pepper to taste!

You can add extra seasoning and extra veggies to this easy soup. It tastes great on a cold day. You can also add in some extra firm tofu cut into bite sized pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment