Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend Gardening

I've heard from master gardeners that Mother's Day is the right day to start gardening in this area.  So, I took this weekend to get my garden cleaned up at home and transplant some plants from our collection at UMD that are itching for a home since our beds aren't ready at the Public Health Garden. The garden is a good collection of containers and my little plot from last year. I've also expanded with two make-shift raised beds for potatoes and sweet onions (not shown because I put the onions in today). Here are some photos:








Here is a list of what you see pictured:
  • Kale and collards from last year (still going!)
  • Broccoli
  • Rhubarb
  • Tomato plants
  • Eggplant
  • Green beans
  • Peas
  • Lettuce (container)
  • Herb mix (container)
  • Container tomato
  • Container eggplant (I have a lot of eggplant, we'll see how they do)
  • Potatoes
  • Sweet onions
In the front yard, we have containers of the following:
  • Strawberries
  • Rosemary and more herbs
I also have seeds starting for cukes, melons, peppers, and okra. 

It is going to be a delicious season.  I hope you got started with some plants this weekend too... containers and otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment