Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunshine

After nearly a week of rain, the sun is starting to poke out from behind the clouds. I'm not sure how long it will last because rain is still predicted for the remainder of the week and into the weekend. While I have been cursing the rain and staying out home to avoid it, our plants have bounced back from the 90 degree weather and are happy in their new homes. I will update with pictures after they have some additional growth (which will hopefully be soon).

While we wait for our lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, and friends to grow, I have started some additional seeds at home:

The radishes are growing strong and the chard seedling is purple! Very exciting. It is going to be a bit of a challenge to figure out where to plant these new seedlings, but we will work it out.

Happy to be back to blogging! Also, I had a great experience at Common Good City Farm last Sat. I learned about their farm and mission, and even got to help spread earth and mulch. It was a great time and the rain held off for a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment