Asparagus. Springtime. Amazing. I steamed fresh asparagus from the Dupont Farmer's Market yesterday and it was just perfect.
What You Need
Fresh, local asparagus
What You Do
1. Set your steamer in a pot with some water.
2. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Cut off the ends of the asparagus by snapping them by hand.
4. Cut asparagus to make sure they fit in the pot.
5. When steaming, add asparagus to the pot on the steamer.
6. Steam for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add some salt.
8. ENJOY and know that it is really springtime (even if the weather is cold and rainy... like today for those of you in DC).