Monday, May 31, 2010

White Bean and Grape Tomato Salad

I just moved into a new house this weekend up in Berwyn Heights MD (near College Park). It has been very hectic with the packing, moving, unpacking, cleaning and cleaning. I haven't had any chance to cook. But, I was able to get the to Takoma Park Food Co-op this afternoon to get the ingredients to make this wonderful white bean salad. It was the first thing I made in my new house.

White Bean and Grape Tomato Salad (adapted from Bon Appetit)

What You Need

- 2 15-ounce cans white kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes (about 12 ounces) or cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (I couldn't find dill, so I used basil)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed

What You Do


1. Toss all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Let marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
4. Cover and chill.
5. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.


I am so excited to share pictures, plans, and news about my new yard and garden, as well as all the delicious food I plan to prepare in my new kitchen.


I'm off to start googling nearby farmers markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment